By Rui Wang
increase your individual hands-free and tasty augmented fact functions with Microsoft Kinect
- Understand all significant Kinect API gains together with photograph streaming, skeleton monitoring and face tracking
- Understand the Kinect APIs with the aid of small examples
- Develop a relatively whole Fruit Ninja video game utilizing Kinect and augmented truth techniques
Microsoft Kinect adjustments the proposal of consumer interface layout. It differs from so much different consumer enter controllers because it permits clients to engage with this system with out touching the mouse or a trackpad. It makes use of movement sensing know-how and all it wishes is a real-time cameras, tracked skeletons, and gestures.
Augmented fact with Kinect may also help you get into the realm of Microsoft Kinect programming with the C/C++ language. The booklet will conceal the install, snapshot streaming, skeleton and face monitoring, multi-touch cursors and gesture emulation. eventually, you are going to turn out with a whole Kinect-based game.
Augmented fact with Kinect can assist you get into the realm of Kinect programming, with a couple of fascinating recipes and a comparatively whole instance. The ebook will introduce the subsequent subject matters: the set up and initialization of Kinect purposes; taking pictures colour and intensity photos; acquiring skeleton and face monitoring information; emulating multi-touch cursors and gestures; and constructing a whole online game utilizing Kinect features.
The ebook is split in one of these approach with a view to make sure that each one subject is given the correct amount of concentration. novices will commence from the 1st bankruptcy and increase to constructing their very own applications.
What you are going to research from this book
- Install a Kinect gadget and SDK applications in your computer
- Initialize Kinect with C++ APIs on your personal application
- Obtain picture streaming info from colour and intensity cameras
- Acquire skeleton information and face monitoring effects for use
- Use hand positions to emulate multi-touch cursors and gestures
- Develop a Fruit Ninja video game with various Kinect functionalities
- Study with uncomplicated and engaging examples utilizing a uniform OpenGL framework
- Find extra open resource and advertisement source at the Web
This e-book is a mini instructional with lots of code examples and methods to offer you several suggestions whilst development your individual applications.
Who this ebook is written for
This publication is intended for readers who're conversant in C/C++ programming and wish to jot down easy courses with Kinect. the traditional template library is usually used because it is easy adequate to understand.
Read Online or Download Augmented Reality with Kinect PDF
Best game programming books
Software program engineering ends up in larger software program items. This publication teaches readers how you can increase video games in accordance with a layout and stick to a standardized method of online game improvement. It offers a large number of routines that express simply how software program engineering practices can enhance your online game. all of the simple different types of software program engineering are coated.
At the present time actually beneficial and interactive pix can be found on reasonable pcs. whereas development has been extraordinary, common earnings in software program services have come extra slowly. information regarding complex techniques―beyond these discovered in introductory special effects texts―is no longer as effortless to come back by means of as low-cost undefined.
At the vanguard of the cellular gaming revolution are genuine individuals with tales which are loopy, annoying, hilarious, and, sometimes, heart-wrenching. Written by means of revered game journalist Ryan Rigney, with a foreword through John Davison, Buttonless tells the tales of the folk at the back of the video games.
The aim of digital truth is to make attainable a sensorimotor and cognitive task for a person in a digitally created synthetic international. fresh advances in desktop know-how have ended in a brand new iteration of VR units akin to VR headsets. for that reason, digital fact poses many new medical demanding situations for researchers and pros.
Extra info for Augmented Reality with Kinect
SkeletonPositions to define all the necessary joints in world space. The Microsoft Kinect SDK uses a right-handed coordinate system with values in meters to manage all the positions. The origin is at the sensor pinhole, and the z axis is pointing from the sensor to the view field. 6 meters. It can be easily inferred from the code segment that, after mapping the positions to depth space, every joint's x and y values are using image coordinates (640 x 480), and the z value is the actual depth, which is equivalent to the depth image pixel at the same location.
4. Release the sensor object when exiting. [ 20 ] Chapter 2 Quite simple, isn't it? Note that, we didn't introduce the lines in the update() function here. We will explain that in the next chapter, with more interesting live images shown on the screen instead of a boring line of text. Additional information Another interesting and challenging task is to implement a multithreaded version of the initialization and updating of Kinect. In fact, some functions here have already supported such uses by accepting event handles as parameters, including NuiImageStreamOpen() and NuiSkeletonTrackingEnable().
Additional information The NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixelAtResolution() function is not effective because it must convert the pixels one by one. The Kinect SDK also provides another function called NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinateFrameFromDepthPixelFrameAtResolution() to perform the same work on an array of depth values, and the output will be an array of color coordinate values: [ 38 ] Chapter 3 HRESULT NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinateFrameFrom DepthPixelFrameAtResolution( NUI_IMAGE_RESOLUTION eColorResolution, NUI_IMAGE_RESOLUTION eDepthResolution, DWORD cDepthValues, USHORT* pDepthValues, DWORD cColorCoordinates, LONG* pColorCoordinates ); Can you try to use it to modify this example and make it work smoothly?