By Mohamed Abou-Donia
Mammalian Toxicology surveys chemical brokers and examines how such chemical substances influence on human health and wellbeing, emphasizing the significance in minimizing environmental publicity to chemical and actual dangers in our houses, groups and places of work via such media as infected water, soil and air.
Starting with the elemental ideas on a variety of poisonous brokers, this textbook describes how they input the physique, their mechanisms of motion as soon as within, and techniques for analysis, prevention and treatment.
Topics coated include:
- General ideas of toxicology: pharmacological and toxicological ideas underpinning the learn of toxicology, danger tests and mechanisms of cellphone death
- Disposition: routes of chemical exposures, access into the physique and diverse tissues, garage, metabolic biotransformation and removal, with examples from quite a few toxicants.
- Toxic agents: the occurrences, disposition within the physique, healthiness results, poisonous mechanisms, antidotes and coverings of various brokers together with insecticides, metals, solvents, gases, nanomaterials, foodstuff parts and ingredients, prescription drugs, medicines of abuse, ordinary pollution, endocrine disruptors, radiation, and battle weapons.
- Toxic effects: together with neurotoxicity, developmental toxicity, immunotoxicity, teratogenecity, female and male reproductive toxicity, mutagenecity, carcinogenicity, pulmonary toxicity, cardiovascular toxicity, hepatotoxicity, gastrointestinal toxicity and cardiovascular toxicity
- Toxicology and society: epidemiological reports of chemical-induced illnesses in human populations, and a imaginative and prescient for toxicology within the 21st century.
Mammalian Toxicology is a necessary primer for college students of toxicology, biochemistry, biology, medication and chemistry. it's also acceptable for pro toxicologists in study or regulatory affairs, and a person who must comprehend the adversarial results of poisonous brokers at the human body.
By Albert P. Li (Eds.)
Drug–Drug Interactions is a complete assessment of the medical and regulatory views of drug–drug interactions from the point-of-view of academia, undefined, and govt regulatory organizations. This publication is meant for execs within the pharmaceutical undefined, health and wellbeing care, and governmental regulatory companies. themes of curiosity contain the mechanistic knowing of drug–drug interactions, the prediction of drug–drug interplay capability of recent medicines, and the avoidance of clinically major drug–drug interplay in sufferers. Key positive factors* presents helpful references at the technology of drug-drug interactions* Describes in a simple and accomplished demeanour drug-drug interactions from the mechanistic point of view* includes unique information from educational and commercial laboratories* offers an summary of regulatory organization positions
By G. J. Nohynek
Written in this sort of manner as to make it obtainable to toxicologists who would not have English as a primary language, this publication specializes in comparing, reading and reporting result of regulatory toxicology experiences.
By Shayne C. Gad
Capturing the expansion of the worldwide scientific equipment marketplace in recent times, this sensible new advisor is vital for all who're chargeable for making sure protection within the use and manufacture of scientific units. it's been generally up to date to mirror major advances, incorporating mix items and important case examples of present real-life difficulties within the field.
The Third version explores those key present trends:
- global gadget markets
- continually advancing technology
- the expanding harmonization of gadget defense legislation worldwide
Each element of defense evaluate is taken into account when it comes to foreign criteria association (ISO), US nutrition and Drug management (FDA), eu Union (EU), and eastern Ministry of overall healthiness and Welfare (MHW) views. moreover, the booklet displays the function of the ongoing development of expertise within the incorporation of technological know-how, fairly within the components of immunotoxicology and toxicokinetics.
By David F.V. Lewis
This consultant to the constitution, functionality and mechanism of the cytochromes P450 specializes in the position of P450s in xenobiotic metabolism and toxicity. color illustrations exhibit how modelling of P450s can rationalize their substrate specificity for the metabolism of either endogenous and exogenous chemical compounds.
By Eman P Fridman, Ronald D. Nadler
Because of the excessive measure of organic similarity among primates and people, monkeys and apes were used effectively in clinical examine for lots of many years. scientific Primatology: historical past, organic Foundations and purposes presents a accomplished precis linking using monkeys and apes in biomedical study to their kinship with people. The ebook starts off by means of discussing the heritage of this study, after which specializes in the organic foundations upon which scientific primatology has been outfitted. Primate taxonomy and evolution are reviewed, utilizing not just conventional assets of knowledge, but additionally contemporary experimental facts from molecular biology, genetics, and biomedicine that shows the necessity to position greater simians within the family members of guy. Condensing a wide variety of medical literature into one quantity, this can be an invaluable reference for experts within the organic sciences and drugs, in addition to researchers curious about organic, anthropological, biomedical, medical, and pharmacological learn on primates.
By Diaz James
The colour Atlas of Human Poisoning and Envenoming is the one full-color source on hand for the instant visible organization and the swift id of envenoming species, resultant lesions, medical results of envenoming or poisoning, and steered remedy innovations to restrict poisonous exposures and accidents. With no-nonsense, bulleted textual content, tables, determine legends, and diagrams, this atlas offers an instantaneous reference to be used in emergency differential prognosis.
By Bernard Testa, Urs A. Meyer
Quantity 27, the 1st thematic quantity within the sequence, presents an outline of current wisdom in regards to the pharmacological and scientific points of antidiabetic medicines. It goals to stimulate extra attention of attainable ideas within the improvement of latest antidiabetic medications.
By Ramesh C. Gupta
''A lot of in-depth info in 1 textual content, together with a few now not available somewhere else. a few themes integrated are modern, which raises its price for toxicologists who're now not in particular veterinary toxicologists. there's extra huge assurance of pathology than is average of toxicology texts.''
- Marion Ehrich, PhD, DABT, in magazine of yankee Veterinary clinical Association''A worthwhile resource of knowledge for the veterinary clinician, pupil, and toxicologist. The strengths of this publication contain the inclusion of huge and small animal species; the vast variety of issues encompassing regulatory, diagnostic, pathologic, and scientific toxicology; and the reasonable expense. a pleasant addition to any veterinarians library and is definitely well worth the price.''
- The Canadian Veterinary Journal
''A specified unmarried reference that teaches the elemental rules of veterinary toxicology to any pupil on the DVM, MS or PhD point and may proceed to function a medical reference for practising veterinary toxicologists, poison keep watch over facilities, marine biologists, environmentalists, and animal scientists. whereas so much related texts are essentially directed towards the sector of human toxicology, this can be the only textual content had to completely arrange destiny veterinarians at the most modern methods for diagnosing poisoning instances in all animals from chemical substances and vegetation of a various nature due to inadvertent, unintentional, or malicious intents. Many chapters are supplied on themes no longer coated in any prior books equivalent to aim organ toxicity, radiation and radioactive fabrics, FDA regulatory matters, and ethics in veterinary toxicology...many more recent subject matters together with chemical substances of terrorism, estrogenic toxicants, and nanoparticles are integrated. total, the knowledge supplied is easily prepared and comprehensive...generous and appropriate references on the finish of every bankruptcy enable the chance to additional pursue each one topic.
This ebook may be thought of a cornerstone upon which a deeper knowing of the problems and person toxicants in veterinary toxicology will be dependent. the subjects coated are of curiosity not to purely toxicologists and researchers, but in addition to clinicians who would not have an in depth history in toxicology. This booklet is a superb addition to any veterinary professional's library, however it is necessary to gain that once changing into accustomed to this fabric, the readers' pursuits will then be sure if extra concentrated, extra assets are needed.''
- Paul A. Eubig, DVM, MS, DABT (University of Illinois collage of Veterinary Medicine), in DOODY'S REVIEWS''The publication is fairly priced, wealthy and lucrative and that i can warmly suggest it as an invaluable reference booklet to all working towards toxicologists.''
- Roy Forster, CIT, France - The British Toxicology Society Newsletter
By Jessica Gleason
MAXIMUM RETENTION--MINIMAL TIME
"This is a wonderful assessment of pharmacology for the coed who's seeking to establish his/her strengths and weaknesses sooner than the exam." -- Alexis Dallara, Fourth yr scientific scholar, SUNY Downstate university of medication
"The great thing about this article is that it comprises crucial pharmacology options in a compact ebook that may be fast referenced and skim a number of occasions through the process a student's stories. i might certainly suggest it to any clinical student." -- Rosalyn Pham, Fourth 12 months scientific pupil, college of Washington clinical university
Deja evaluate: Pharmacology boils down your coursework to only the serious ideas you must recognize for examination good fortune. This unbeatable consultant includes a quick-read, two-column "flashcard" Q&A format--specifically designed that will help you take note a large number of pertinent details the least bit period of time attainable. The structure lets you zero-in on merely the right kind solutions to advertise reminiscence retention and get the main from your examine time. nice for final minute evaluate of high-yield proof, Deja Review offers a simple method that you should verify your strengths and weaknesses so that you can excel in your direction assessments and the USMLE Step 1.
- Active bear in mind questions let you understand, not only memorize, the content material
- Clinical vignettes on the finish of chapters organize you for board-style questions
- Portable dimension for examine at the go--fits on your white coat pocket
- Bookmark integrated to lead you thru easy-to-use flashcard presentation